By Sarah Yost, Senior Accountant and QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
Heavy QuickBooks users, or those in a specialized industry, know that while the bookkeeping software giant has become much more user-friendly over the years, there are still limitations. Despite the challenges, QuickBooks is by far the most comprehensive tool available for most, and thus a staple of bookkeeping for many businesses. Many Hall, Kistler & Company clients rely on the program to handle their day-to-day bookkeeping with great success, but find areas where they wish the program were a bit easier to use or more specifically adapted to their niche’s needs. This is where Apps come in.
Apps further enhance your ability to do business efficiently, and many tie right into the software to which you have grown accustomed. Some of these tools that save you so much time and frustration are completely free to download and use, and others typically come at a price that is quite reasonable. Here are some of the top rated apps on Intuit’s website:
– TSheets Time Tracker – This app allows you and your employees to track time with any computer, cell phone or landline and it integrates directly into QuickBooks payroll.
– Method:CRM – CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management and Method specializes in keeping your customer information in a format that is easy to use and integrates smoothly with Quickbooks.
– Fundbox – If you have cash flow problems, this app gets you paid instantly for outstanding invoices while your customers can still follow a net 30 or 60 payment schedule.
– Bill.com – This automates payables and receivables online in one location and automatically syncs with QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
– Transaction Pro Importer – This little gem imports many list transaction types into QuickBooks Online from Excel or text files.
– eCC Cloud – Companies that do a lot of online business love this app, which syncs online sales from Amazon, eBay and more straight into QuickBooks.
– Shoeboxed – You can send receipts into the company using prepaid envelopes and Shoeboxed will scan and categorize them into QuickBooks for you.
There are many more apps out there for almost every function and every market segment imaginable. If you have been wishing QuickBooks could do some particular task, odds are you aren’t alone and someone has figured out a way to make it happen. There may be tools out there to help you accomplish exactly what you want to, so go ahead and ask Hall, Kistler & Company! Give us a call at 330-453-7633 and we’ll help you find the best QuickBooks apps to make your life simpler.