Federal Tax News

There’s a tax credit for parents of kids who don’t qualify to claim the child tax credit. In order to claim the child credityour child must meet certain requirements, including being under the age of 17. If the child doesn’t meet the requirements, you may be able to claim the credit for other dependents. The maximum credit amount is $500 per qualifying dependent.

A qualifying individual could be your older child, a parent or other relative. (It could even be someone not related to you.) The credit begins to phase out at $200,000 of modified adjusted gross income ($400,000 for married couples filing jointly). For more information: https://bit.ly/2AwRXE6

Categories: Alerts

Want to be notified of new articles like this? Sign-up Now!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Partner with dedicated, expert accounting advisors.
Request A Free Consultation

More HK News


Search HK

This Site Uses Cookies to Improve Your Experience

The use of cookies is required to deliver certain portions of our website, such as 3rd party educational resources and content. We also use cookies to track your basic website usage, which enables us to improve how our website meets your needs. If you decline, some areas of our site may be unavailable. Read our privacy policy for complete details.

Read Our Privacy Policy Agree To Cookies Deny Cookies